2021 WaterWise High School Video Contest
Applications are now open for the 2021 High School Video Contest! 2021 marks the 22nd Annual WaterWise High School Video Contest where high school filmmakers throughout Santa Barbara County are challenged to produce creative and high-quality 30 second videos on the importance of water conservation and water efficiency in Santa Barbara County. The winning videos are aired on local TV, digital, and movie theater ads as a Public Service Announcement on water conservation. Students also win prizes for themselves and their schools. This year up to six video entries, three Spanish and three English, are allowed per school.
This year's contest theme is "Do it Yourself the Water Wise Way"
Application Deadline: Friday, March 5, 2021
1. Download and complete the 2021 Application Packet. This packet must be submitted along with your video. Make sure to read carefully and follow all instructions.
2. Watch our Video Tutorial.
3. Download our Additional Resources page for ideas and free video production resources for creating your video.
4. Download the WaterWiseSB logo.
6. Ready to submit? Upload your completed 2021 Application Packet and Video! Applications must be received by Friday, March 5th, 2021 to be considered for prizes. Student winners will be announced publicly in May 2021.
Prizes and Sponsors!
California State Content Standards The following standards are met through participation in this contest. Science 9-12: 9c, Performing Arts 9-12: Visual & Performing 5.2, English/Language Arts 9-10: Listening & Speaking 1.1, 1.7, 1.9, 2.2d-f, 2.5b-d, 2.6a-c and 11-12 - 1.4, 1.6, 2.1b, 2.4a, c, d.